SPECIAL eDUCATIONAL NEEDS
Mrs Sarah Ryan
Assistant Headteacher & Inclusions Team Leader
Mrs Elizabeth Stevens
Mrs Sarah Hunt
At Barnsole Primary School, we aim to offer excellence and choice to all our children, whatever their ability or needs. We have high expectations of all our children. We aim to achieve this through the removal of barriers to learning and participation. We want all our children to feel that they are a valued part of our school community. Through appropriate curricular provision, we respect the fact that children:
- have different educational and behavioural needs and aspirations;
- require different strategies for learning;
- acquire, assimilate and communicate information at different rates;
- need a range of different teaching approaches and experiences.
Objectives of our SEND Provision
We aim to:-
- Enable every pupil to experience success
- Keep an ongoing register (SEND Spectrum) of all children whom we consider to have special educational needs.
- Identify those children as early as possible, assess, record and regularly review their progress and needs.
- Provide learning programmes geared to their needs.
- Work collaboratively with parents, other professionals and support services.
- Ensure that parents or carers are able to play their part in supporting their child’s education.
- Involve the child, so as to encourage a move from dependent to independent learning.
Barnsole Primary School firmly believes in developing a strong partnership with parents/carers and that this will enable children and young people with SEND to achieve their potential. The school recognises that parents/carers have a unique overview of their child's needs and how best to support them, and that this gives them a key role in the partnership. Parents/carers hold key information and have a critical role to play in their children's education.
From September 2014, all schools will be required to publish details of its school offer, detailing support for pupils with special educational needs and/or a disability to compliment the Medway Local Authority Local Offer. Below are details of the current school offer at Barnsole Primary School and the Local Offer for Medway
If you would like to speak to a member of the SEN team, please contact the school office on 01634 333400